Previous month:
October 2005
Next month:
December 2005

November 2005


I have been tagged by the lovely Amber-Jane!

2 - names you go by - Caz and Doll (yes by OH)

2-parts of your heritage - Greek and Scottish (yeah I know, it's a strange mix, lol)

2- of your everyday essentials - a good book and lots of kisses

2- favourite bands or musical artists - Seether and U2

2- Favourite songs - Driven Under and Sunday bloody Sunday

2- Things you want in a relationship ( other than real love) - communication and fun

2 - Physical things that appeal to you in the opposite sex - muscley arms and strong hands

2- of your favourite hobbies - scrapbooking (what else) and taking photos

2 - things you want really badly - to be happy and carefree!

2- place you want to go on vacation - Las Vegas and New York

2 - things to do before I die - Drive through Africa in a Land Rover and learn to sail

2 - ways you are a stereotypical chick !! I Love PINK and handbags!

2- things you are thinking about now - The snow that we're meant to be getting tonight, yippeeee and Christmas

2- stores you shop at - ScrapMagic and Sainsburys

2 - things that scare you - anything happening to someone in my family and snakes

2 - people you would like to see take this quiz - Jo (Rudishoes) and Lou (Scoobielou)

Taking a break!

Yesterday I decided that I would take a break from UKS for a while till things calm down and I can reaccess my position on the boards. After some shenanigans on Sunday night, that i missed, some of my good friends on the site have been banned for a week. I cannot defend or condem there behaviour as I wasn't there but I have to say I do not like the atmosphere on the site and I find a certain member very emotionally draining.

I know we all have our ups and downs and we all need a hug every now and again but I cannot be dealing with it from the same person everyday all day! I also feel she needs professional help and wish people would stop thinking their advice is any good cause it's not!!

I feel bad for my newbies, but they have my email addresses so can contact me if they need anything. I will return next week and keep running the newbie cjs but I think that will be where my involvement in UKS ends.....

All Change

Again is been ages since I've updated my blog!

The weekend was good, Danni came to stay and we went out on Saturday morning to take photos of a very frosty villiage. We managed to get some awsome pictures so I have lots to scrap! I then set up a make shift studio in the dining room and took a load of photos of Danni, they came out so beautiful, she really is very photogenic.

Saturday night Stu took us out for dinner to a greek restaurant we often pass on the road to Codicott. It was very nice but not quite a greek restaurant like I know one to be.

It was bitterly cold so we didn't stay too long and missed the entertainment, belly dancers, much to Stus dissapointment, lol.

Sunday was a shopping day and we went to halfords for de-icer and anti freeze, and pc world to try find something to fix the problem with Stus sound card, but alas found nothing. A quick stop at Argos for an electric blanket, then pizza hut for lunch, we were all starving by this time.

And all too soon it was time to take Danni to the station and get back into work mode :(

it's been a funny ole week

I got an email from Kerry on Monday telling me someone was looking for me, here is his email address if you want to catch up. Well how could not email, curiousity did after all kill the cat!

Imagine my surprise when it turns out i've been tracked down by people I hung out with 10 years ago and thought I would never see again, I have after all been out of Durban for 9 years!! It's been so good to chat and catch up and I hope I manage to get to Durban soon for a visit!

Other than my new friends, nothing much has been happening in my life, work is quiet and boring, I'm still loving the country and my cats haven't left me gifts for two days!

Moody Monday

Oh I really don't like Mondays!! It's always such a come down from the weekend and I had such a lovely weekend it made matters worse.

Friday night was an early one cause I was so tired from a few late nights, but the down side or maybe it's a good thing, is we were up bright and early on Saturday morning and made the most of the day. Stu took me to a craft fair at a garden centre in Welwyn. I bought a scarf and crumbles for the cats. Then we drove into Hitchin to have a look around the shops and I bought Stu and I some new trainers from Millets. I wanted to buy a cat bowl set I had seen in one of the charity shops but it was gone, boo hoo. We stopped at pc world for a router and went home to install it.

Sat night we went to a firework party at friends. Stu bought some awesome rockets so he had a great time letting then off!! It started to get very cold at the end of the evening I think because there was no cloud cover.

Sunday was raining and miserabel so we had a lie in and then headed over to Sainsburys to do some grocery shopping. We had breakfast in the restaurant there cause we were starving!! Then back to PC world for a 2mb usb port. And the afternoon was spent relaxing and scrapping.

Last night we had a roast dinner which was YUMMY!!

Stu phoned BT world to find out about broadband and ended up applying so we should have it connected by Friday. Woo Hoo.

My kitties cuddled on the couch together last night the first time ever, normally Flo is not interested in being anywhere near Josh. When I got up to get the camera Flo follwed me os I didn't even get a picture to commemorate the occasion, lol.

This morning I found out Flo Flo is the hunter, and the one that keeps bringing mice into the house, not poor Josh who has taken the blame for the past few weeks!

It's the weekend!!

Woo Hoo!! Well I have to say this week has flown by, which is possibly because we have been busy at work. Maybe I need to find myself more to do at work then the working day will go faster!

Well last night the funniest thing happened, Stu, John and I were sitting upstairs in the office when we heard alot of noise in the kitchen. Stu went off to investigate and next thing is shouting up to me to come and see. Well my first thought was that Josh had caught a rabbit and was trying to get it through the cat flap, that's kinda what the sound was as I was walking down the stairs. Imagine my surprise when I looked into the kitchen to see a unknown black cat sitting by the cat flap, well he wasn't exactly sitting he was trying to get out. For some unknown reason the cat flap had locked itself, possibly the cats tummy moved the lock as he came in.
Next thing he was through our legs and up the stairs. After a bit of searching and then coaxing he finally followed me downstairs, but then made for the bathroom and into the bath, which is behind the door!
I opened up the kitchen door, closed all the other doors downstairs, had Stu guarding the stairs, and made sure I gave him plenty room to escape and then (and luckily it was me doing this) gave it a tiny squirt with the water spray. Out the bath and out the kitchen door he ran, turning back once to see if he was being followed!
Flo and Josh had taken refuge behind the sofa while all this was going on, when they really should have been protecting their home!!

Not sure if he'll come back, hopefully the water did the trick. I would never encourage him to stay around as i'd hate someone to do that with my two.

Anyway, the weekend is upon us and again I think we have a busy one. Saturday we need to go get a few things, I would like a tea tray for use with my new teapot! and I also want a sugar bowl in the same range. While i'm there I may look for a gravy boat too cause eventually I would like to build up the whole set, perhaps mum can get me some for Christmas. It's the
Joanne Hudson Toast and Marmalade range, just love it!!
I also saw a really cute kitty bowl set in a charity shop, it had a food bowl, water bowl and a jar that I guess I could put their treats in. Josh needs a new food bowl, one with 90 degree sides so he can't showel the food over the edge and they also need a new water bowl cause I'm not very happy with the last one I bought. I think it may be better for the crumbles than water.
I also want to look at diningroom tables I need to sit at a table and eat, really not enjoying sitting in front of the tv, it's fine for Friday take away night but not every night.
And the last thing on my list for this weekends shopping are some storage boxes for photos, perhaps those faux leather ones that homebase do.

Saturday night is fireworks and a braai (thats bbq for all the non SAfricans reading this).

Sunday nothing planned yet, perhaps some scrapping and maybe i'll even manage to get some pics uploaded of my scrapping room!!

Back to reality

So after feeling so awful last Wednesday I took Thursday off to ensure I was in top health for ScrapManic IV . But before I go there Thursday was spent relaxing and getting my stuff sorted and packed for the weekend, I have concluded that I have far too much stash and I really need to put some stuff on the marketplace at UKScrappers .

So Friday I was up bright and early, finished off packing my clothes, putting the finishing touches to Sally manic scrappers CJ, and packing the car. A quick kiss for the kitties and I was on the road.
I have to admit I was very nervous about the drive down, from junction 6 of the A1 (15 mins form home) I was in unchartered territory! But I headed out with as much confidence as I could muster and surprised myself by only making one silly mistake which took 20 mins to rectify. So all in all I was very pleased with my efforts.
It was a thrill to see the house looming in front of me as I drove up the hill and immidiatly I had butterflies in my tummy, I had arrived WOO HOO!! Unfortunatly I was early and the Friday delegates were still there but I managed to check into my room so I had a hot chocolate and a lazy hour watching tv and snoozing.
When I came out to investigate there were a few people there so we sat in the breakfast room and had a chat, waiting on more to arrive. Once people started coming in we moved into the lounge which was far more comfortable and the bowl of maltesers was full, so that was a bonus. At this point I kind of lost track of the time. Debbie arrived and set up the crop rooms and class rooms and Tim and the boys began unpacking the truck and setting up the shop. Once we found our seats it was time to set up our crop area and unpack the stash! Then down the pub for something to eat, well a girl can't scrap on an empty stomach!!
We stayed up till three scrapping and I managed to get a LO done and have my photo session with Cheryl, and WOW she did a fab job! Feel Good Photos well worth it!!
Wasn't very happy when my alarm went off on Saturday morning, I could very easily have rolled over and had a long lie in but I also didn't want to waste any of my precious scrapping time.
Did two classes on the Saturday, loved them both! Ali and Cheryl are both fab teachers, both full of energy and very enthusiastic. I also managed a few LOs and even had time to eat, lol. Just before the afternoon class the manic scrappers got together to hand back our cjs and WOW I just loved mine! Everyone did such lovely entries and I am honoured to be a Manic Scrapper
Stayed up far too late again, but was having such a laugh it was well worth it. We called our crop room the 'lovely room' as everyone in there WAS just so lovely and oh how we laughed. It was an added bonus that we had a source of entertainment, but I shant go into that now, hehehe.
Tm and Cherry were just fantastic in the shop and they were both available for our every shopping whim. There was so much yummy new stuff I could hardly resist.
Saturday night was another late one with lots of challenges set by Debbie and Al.
Sunday morning I battled to get out of bed, again! A lovely hot breakfast was a must to boost the energy levels and into the first class which again was with Cheryl. Bit dissapointed as I never managed to get my photos sorted for this one and there was nothing I could do without the photos. So I was assistant to Zenia for the session, cutting, inking and glueing, what a laugh!
Managed a bit more after lunch but unfortunatly by the end of the day I was just getting too tired so I decided to pack up and make my way home. It was so sad saying goodbye, at least we have UKS to chat and stay in touch.
The drive home was good, I had to take the M25 as the north circular was closed so besides being a bit anxious to start I did fine!
Home sweet home and my darling kitties and Stu. I loved the weekend and can't wait till next year